Each year the association holds a general membership meeting in different locations in Quebec which are announced in the bulletin.
Le Mercien Newsletter
Published as a tabloid, this quarterly bulletin is published in the two official languages of Canada and contains various features and articles concernimg Mercier families, messages from the president of A.M.A.N., genealogy, family histories, notes on Merciers who have upcoming special events and other notes of interest. We would welcome news of your Mercier family and relatives or of your region which we may publish in the bulletin.
In 1987, the first Mercier reunion took place at Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre. In 1997, the association held its second reunion at the same location. The three day reunion, on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of August 1997 was attended by Merciers from Quebec, Alberta, the Maritimes provinces and the United States of America. Some from as far as California and Florida.
Trips to Europe
- In July 1988, the Mercier Association organized a trip to England and France
On this trip, a commemorative plaque was erected in Tourouvre, France, in the old province of Perche. Tourouvre is the village in which Julien, one of the early pilgrims to New France, was born.
- In September of 1992, a second trip to France took place.
The Mercier Association has erected commemorative plaques at the following locations:
- On August 15, 1987 in Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre in memory of Julien Mercier and his wife Marie Poulin and their 11 children.
- On July 1 1988 in the small village church of Tourouvre, France, in honor of Julien Mercier.
- On August 20, 1989 at the original house of J. Pascal Mercier, the eldest son of Julien Mercier and Marie Poulin, in the town of Berthier-sur-Mer.
- On August 20, 1989, in Saint-Pierre-du-Sud, on the original plot of Pierre Mercier said Caudebec, in his memory.
Visit section «Publications».
Voluntary workers have collected genealogical data which contains more than 71,000 names and more than 20,000 marriages. It is possible to produce ancestry title and help you to research your Mercier ancestors. See “Genealogy ” sections for more information.